The wrap is going to Ibiza with the Dublin footballers
Including Cypress Hill, drummers, the mattress market, Ernst Neufert, music festivals, baldness, Bluetooth, Tommy Boy and much more
(1) Some reading for the autumn/winter: an intensive online reading course on the history of dance and electronic music as compiled by Michaelangelo Matos.
(2) It’s not just Mattress Mick and Arianna Huffington who are making out like bandits from our current facatination with sleep (this may be the first time those two have featured in the same sentence, by the way). Molly McHugh on how the booming on-demand mattress market became so big.
(3) We wrote aaaages ago about Irish photographer Deirdre O’Callaghan’s The Drum Thing project about drummers talking about drumming. The book is finally here and due for release this month and here’s a sneak preview of what to expect.
(4) Who wants to be Denis Desmond? A guide to organising your own music festival.
(5) Why are the sizes and dimensions of everything in your house a certain exact size? The influence of German architect Ernst Neufert on your gaff.
(6) Yes, someone is really watching you…
(8) Great interview with Tommy Boy (and New Music Seminar) founder Tom Silverman
(10) One for all my hairless homies in the audience: the benefits of going bald include appearing more intelligent, influential, educated and honest.