Something for the weekend
* THE ARCADIA FESTIVAL in Bray celebrates the 10th birthday of cultural epicentre the Mermaid Arts Centre.
The festival will evoke memories of childhood summers in Bray with picnics and a selection of theatre, exhibitions and cabaret. Events today centre on Bloomsday.
* TASTE OF DUBLIN invites food lovers to enjoy an alfresco gourmet feast in Dublin’s Iveagh Gardens this weekend.
Twenty of Dublin’s finest restaurants will be serving up starter-sized samples of their signature dishes while the event will play host to more than 100 artisan producers.
* CORK SUMMER SHOW The programme for the 171st Cork Summer Show, organised by the Munster Agriculture Society, has been curtailed due to bad weather.
Events set for today are now due to take place tomorrow at the society’s new showgrounds in Curraheen, Bishopstown.
* DUBLIN BIENNIAL POP-UP EXHIBITION showcases contemporary art from a mix of 55 international and national artists at The Point Village.
Artist Yoko Ono will show her Wish Tree For Ireland installation which invites people to place wishes on the tree during the exhibition.
* PEDAL PORT LÁIRGE Waterford kick-starts National Bike Week 2012 today with a range of cycling events, novelty acts and food markets in the Regional Sports Centre in Waterford city and Walton Park in Dungarvan.
The family cycle will depart from the RSC at 1pm and return after an hour.