Nate Silver

27 results

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump kisses a ‘Women for Trump’ placard during a rally  in Lakeland, Florida on October 12th, 2016. Photograph: Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images

A campaign to revoke women’s right to vote in the United States is trending on Twitter after poll figures showed Donald Trump would win the election i(...)

Oracle founder Larry Ellison: the Republican gave $5m to Donald Trump’s rival Marco Rubio during the primaries, yet election donation records indicate he has not yet donated to Trump

Donald Trump is not the candidate of choice in Silicon Valley. I’m just back from a week in the region, and California, with its jumbo jackpot of elec(...)

Students pose with a backdrop of US Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton and her Republican counterpart Donald Trump at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, on Monday, where they  were due to hold their first televised debate. Photograph: Jewel Samad/AFP/Getty Images

On the eve of the first presidential debate, new polls showed the race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump tightening further, giving the Democra(...)

Forecasts in financial markets are heavy on caveats and surprises can happen

It is often taken for granted in financial circles that if you want to ascertain the likelihood of an event, you’re better off consulting market price(...)

Boris Johnson: There’s also the issue of expectations. We hold buffoons to much lower standards. Photograph: Jack Taylor/Getty Images

Surely not! Not him! Not her! When buffoons gain traction, most notably now in the form of hapless Boris and bullish Trump, many of us can only exclai(...)

US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has an 81 per cent chance of winning the election to Donald Trump’s 19 per cent, polling analyst Nate Silver said on Wednesday. Photograph: Rick Wilking/Reuters

Hillary Clinton has an 81 per cent chance of winning the election to Donald Trump’s 19 per cent, polling analyst Nate Silver said on Wednesday in his (...)

President Barack Obama on the election trail in 2012: Nate Silver, a US baseball league analyst, successfully predicted the outcome in each of the 50 US states during the last US presidential election. Photograph: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

Francis Beaufort from Navan invented the scale of wind strength now named after him in 1805. He had been shipwrecked at the age of 15, and devoted his(...)

Barring the equivalent of a meteor strike, Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic nominee; despite the reluctance of Sanders supporters to concede that reality, she’s ahead of Donald Trump. That’s what the math says, and anyone who says it doesn’t is misleading you.

This is my fifth presidential campaign as a New York Times columnist, so I’ve watched a lot of election coverage, and I came into this cycle prepared (...)

 Taoiseach Enda Kenny. The Government’s “momentum” has been halted with a drop in the latest ‘Irish Times’ poll. But does it even exist? Bu  Photograph: Colin Keegan, Collins Dublin

What does it usually mean? The impetus gained by a moving object. What does it mean in this election? The theory that, if a candidate or party has(...)

Margin of error . . .  an opinion poll on Greece’s bailout referendum published on Friday before the vote pointed to a slight lead for the Yes vote – the result was a resounding No. Photograph: Reuters/Marko Djurica

Flash Crash, the book on high-frequency trading by Michael Lewis, provides a fascinating insight into how financial markets have been colonised by alg(...)

  • « First
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Next
  • Last »