Pamela Byrne

43 results

Evidence of the cutting of meat in a room adjacent to toilets was among the reasons for the Enforcement Orders in May.

A Garda recreation club in Dublin and a sausage factory in Cavan were among seven food establishments served with closure orders by the food safety wa(...)

An inspection of a Co Kerry pub  found the floor was “filthy,” and there was mould growth   on the internal surface of an ice-making machine. Photograph: iStock

A takeaway in Co Donegal was shut down over health and safety fears, after sewage and waste in the back yard risked “a transfer of faecal matter to th(...)

A closure order was served on part of the Old Punch Bowl pub after rodent droppings were found in a food store adjacent to the kitchen.

Restaurants in the leafy south Dublin suburbs of Monkstown and Booterstown and in the north inner city were among six issued with closure orders after(...)

FSAI chief executive Dr Pamela Byrne said it was “not acceptable” that consumers’ health be compromised. File photograph: Fennell Photography

Four outlets have been issued with closure orders after breaches of food safety legislation were discovered during HSE inspections last month, includi(...)

 Martin Higgins, chairman, FSAI and Dr Pamela Byrne, CEO, FSAI. Photograph:  Shane O’Neill, SON Photographic

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland has developed a new DNA tool that will enhance the ability to fight food fraud. It enables the entire genetic con(...)

A “juvenile rodent” had been seen in the dining area and main kitchen at  Casement Aerodrome  earlier in the month. File photograph: Eric Isselée

The Air Corps officers’ mess at Casement Aerodrome in Baldonnel was among nine food premises served with closure orders last month after health inspec(...)

Evidence of rodents gnawing at bread packaging was uncovered at a Tesco store in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim. Photograph: Getty Images

Evidence of rodents gnawing at bread packaging was uncovered at a Tesco store in Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim when food safety inspectors went to th(...)

A food stand at Semple Stadium, Thurles, was hit with a closure order in September.

A live rat coming from a drain after a tap was turned on, black mould engrained on chopping boards and flies mixed into dough were some of the reasons(...)

white (albino) laboratory wistar rat on board during experiment

A live rat in a fast food restaurant in Ranelagh, a mouse infestation in Bunratty and rodent droppings on shelves of a supermarket were among the reas(...)

People who eat burgers which are undercooked are putting their health at risk and could be exposing themselves to harmful bacteria that cause kidney f(...)

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Next
  • Last »