Conor McGregor has announced he will return to the UFC's octagon on January 18th in Las Vegas.
The Irishman has not fought in mixed martial arts company since losing to unbeaten Russian Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018.
But on Thursday McGregor stated his intention is to return to action and, eventually, secure a rematch with Nurmagomedov.
During a lengthy press conference in Moscow, McGregor hinted he was ready for a rematch but said he was “not waiting around for that man”.
He then said: "I would like to announce to the public, the return of the 'Notorious' Conor McGregor will take place on January 18th in the T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. So that is my comeback fight.
"It is 12 weeks this Saturday, I'm in prime physical condition. Ask the UFC who my opponent is because I do not give a f*** who the opponent is."
McGregor has a 21-4 record in the UFC and in 2016 became the first fighter to hold belts in two of the company’s weight categories at the same time.
He has fought just once in the octagon since then – the Nurmagomedov fight – but lost to Floyd Mayweather in a professional boxing bout in August 2017.
With his focus firmly back on MMA, McGregor outlined his plan for his comeback following his January date in Las Vegas – with a third fight against Nate Diaz and an eventual rematch with Nurmagomedov his main aims.
He added: “That will be the beginning of my season. I will then look to compete against the winner of Nate Diaz-Jorge Masvidal.
"Obviously I have history with Nate Diaz, we are set to make the trilogy bout. We will see how it goes. I feel Nate will get the better of that one. Then I will seek the Moscow bout and it will be against the winner of Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
"We want this bout in Moscow. The people in Russia deserve this bout to take place. The people of the world deserve this bout to take place.
“There is an inevitable rematch, it is a rematch that I will come in to sharp, fresh. I will have no injuries, I will have no alcohol, I will have no outside influences, I will be fully focused, exactly what the people deserve. And we will settle it once and for all.”