Ballyboden St Enda’s controversially oust Kilmacud Crokes from Dublin championsip

Parnells also advance to quarter-finals after easy win over Templeogue Synge Street

Ballyboden St Enda's progressed to the quarter-finals of the Dublin Senior Football Championship following their controversial 2-9 to 0-12 victory over Kilmacud Crokes at O'Toole Park on Saturday afternoon.

Last year's beaten finalists dominated from the opening whistle and they deservedly led by 0-7 to 0-1 after 20 minutes with Mark Vaughan kicking four points, including two sublime efforts from play.

Gradually, St Enda's found their range with Ryan Basquel's 26th minute goal handing them a much-needed lifeline and points from Stephen O'Connor and Conal Keaney reduced their arrears to just three points by half-time.

That deficit was whittled down further as Basquel, Keaney and Andrew Kerin all added scores upon the restart before the game's major turning point arrived in the 54th minute.


Ross McGowan looked to have palmed home from close range from David Campbell’s pass but after originally awarding the goal, the officials reversed their decision with Mark Coughlan’s dismissal two minutes later compounding Crokes’ disappointment.

Ballyboden took full advantage of their numerical superiority in the closing stages with Kerin’s goal in the 61st minute added to by points from Seán Gibbons and Donagh McCabe ensuring their progression into the last eight.

They were joined in the draw by Parnells who were indebted to 1-9 from Conor Mortimer as they strolled to a facile 1-22 to 0-5 win over Templeogue Synge Street at Parnell Park.

Jonathan Bealin, John Dignam and Colm Begley all kicked three points for the Coolock men, who proved far too sharp for a Synge side missing both Denis Bastick and Eoghan O'Gara.

BALLYBODEN ST ENDA'S: D Walsh; P O'Brien, R McDaid, M O'Sullivan; S O'Connor (0-1), S Hiney, D Nelson; M Macauley, D O'Mahony; D Reilly, R Basquel (1-2, 0-1 free), C Smyth; K Naughton, C Keaney (0-2), A Kerin (1-2, 0-2 frees). Subs: S Gibbons (0-1) for Smyth (39), C Gibbons for Nelson (41), D McCabe (0-1) for Naughton (56).
KILMACUD CROKES: D Nestor; C Lambe, Ross O'Carroll, E Culligan; R Ryan, Rory O'Carroll, R McGowan; C O'Sullivan, P Duggan; K Nolan (0-1), P Burke, S Williams (0-1); B Kavanagh (0-1, free), C Dias, M Vaughan (0-7, 0-4 frees, 0-1 '45'). Subs: M Coughlan (0-1) for Williams (28), L óg Ó hÉineacháin (0-1) for Rory O'Carroll (39), D Campbell for Kavanagh (47).
PARNELL'S: S Cluxton (0-1, '45'); A Mallon, D Rooney, L Browne; M Gleeson, A Hurley (0-1), A Jameson (0-1); J Bealin (0-3), R Quinlivan; C Begley (0-3), D Joyce, R Mills; J Dignam (0-3, 0-1 free), C Mortimer (1-9, 0-4 frees), D Curley. Subs: M Lynch for Gleeson (39); D Kelly for Curley (40); A Shore (0-1) for Quinlivan (46); G Murray for Mallon (47); C Oonan for Jameson (50).
TEMPLEOGUE SYNGE STREET: C O'Gara; B Fitzgerald, N O'Sullivan, M Treanor; B Bentley, C McKiernan, M Swaine (0-1); A O'Brien, C O'Reilly; G Vickery, N Scully, T Coyne (0-3, 0-3 frees); M Hiney (0-1), C Morley, J Swaine. Subs: M Cannon for Fitzgerald (32); E McKiernan for Vickery (42); J Hiney (52) for Coyne; C Tuite (56) for O'Reilly.
DUBLIN SFC QUARTER-FINALS: St Vincent's v St Sylvester's; St Jude's v Parnell's; Raheny v Ballymun Kickhams; Ballyboden St Enda's v St Brigid's.