Family of Toscan du Plantier ‘frustrated’ at High Court judgement
Jean Pierre Gazeau says family’s lawyers will analyse text of Monday’s court judgment
Sophie Toscan du Plantier was found dead outside her holiday home in Schull in December 1996.
The High Court dismissed the Minister for Justice’s application as an “abuse of process”, among other reasons.
He also noted that the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) had long ago decided there was no basis for charges against Mr Bailey. The judge said he believed he was entitled to regard the “highly unusual state of affairs” as contributing to “a finding of abuse of process”.
“Our lawyers will analyse the text of the judgment, we will react after we analyse carefully.”
He said the family is optimistic that the French prosecutor will conduct a trial of Mr Bailey, in his absence. If he is found guilty then a new arrest warrant will be issued.
Mr Gazeau said that a large part of the reasons given by Mr Justice Hunt had been based on documents from the DPP in 2012. “Those document were deeply biased. I analysed it, I was very precise. That document was not fair.
“We will go back to the content of those documents.”