Can you take the best photo of the summer? Enter to win a Canon DSLR
Summer Pix 2019: Capture the moment of the summer and you could win a camera from Harvey Norman
Summer Pix: catching a perfect moment in time. Photograph: Nick Bradshaw
The Irish Times has teamed up with Harvey Norman for our Summer Pix 2019 photography competition. Send us your high-resolution photographs of the summer via the electronic form provided to be in with a chance of winning a Canon digital SLR camera.
The overall winner will receive a Canon EOS 2000D. A Canon EOS 4000D will go to the best entry on the theme of Summer of Family. Both cameras are courtesy of Harvey Norman. The photos must be taken in summer 2019 but can be taken using any kind of camera or phone.
Summer Pix 2019: Enter your photographs here
Each Tuesday we’ll publish the best of that week’s photographs, and on August 20th, 2019, we’ll publish the winning photograph. The competition closes on Tuesday, August 13th, 2019.
We regret we cannot respond to each entry, but we will be in touch if your photograph is going to be published. Happy snapping.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The promoter is The Irish Times Limited, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin, D02 CX89.
- Employees or agents of The Irish Times and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Entry is restricted to people aged 18 years and over.
- Five photographs may be submitted by any individual person.
- All entries must include a valid email address.
- All entries must be sent via the electronic form provided.
- The Judges’ decision is final and binding in all matters, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury that might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- By entering the promotion and submitting your photograph, you hereby grant The Irish Times a licence to use your photograph for the purpose of promoting the competition within the newspaper and online in printed and electronic formats. The Irish Times may also use the photograph for the promotion of any photographic competition with The Irish Times in both print and online.
- All imagery MUST be the total and exclusive work of the submitting photographer and may not include any element that is the copyright of another.
- The entrant will indemnify the Promoter for all liabilities, including legal costs, in relation to any action or complaint taken by any third party against the Promoter in relation to the entrant’s photograph.
- Photographers may make reasonable use of digital-darkroom-type techniques that enhance quality but do not distort the photograph. Only minor burning, dodging and/or colour correction is acceptable, as is cropping. High-dynamic-range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable. Any changes to the original Photograph not itemised here are unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible for a prize – the open and source categories are exempt from this rule.
- Entry to this competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- When a photograph is submitted and entry finalised the entry cannot be changed or edited.
- The overall prize is a Canon EOS 2000D camera. The Summer of Family prize is a Canon EOS 4000D. The prizes are nontransferable. No cash alternatives will be offered.