Sheep thrills, deer at dusk and a hurler in New York
It’s week two of our Summer Pix 16 competition in association with Harvey Norman, and we have received some crackers. Keep clicking
Hurling in Central Park, New York. Photograph: Kevin Bulger
Ewe must be joking: Geokaun mountain, Valentia Island. Photograph: James Grandfield
Deer grazing in the Phoenix Park. Photograph: Therese McNamee
We are into the second week of our Summer Pix 16 contest and the number of entries continues to rise – along with the standard of the photographs. The competition runs for two more weeks and the judges have their eyes out for the stand out images of the Summer of 2016.
The Irish Times Summer Pix 16 competition in association with Harvey Norman
Send high-resolution images to firstname.lastname@example.org to be in with a chance of winning our prize, a Canon EOS 100D Digital SLR Camera (RRP €549). Each Friday, we’ll display the best photos sent in that week, and at the end of August we’ll print the winning photograph. The closing date for entries is Friday, August 19th, The photos must be taken in summer 2016. They can be taken with any kind of camera or phone. We regret we cannot respond to each entry, but we may be in touch if your photograph is going to be published. Happy snapping.
Terms & conditions
1. The promoter is The Irish Times Limited, The Irish Times Building, 24-28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
2. Employees or agents of The Irish Times and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
3. Entry is restricted to people aged 18 years and over.
4. Photographs may be submitted by any individual person.
5. All entries must include a valid email address.
6. All entries must be sent to email@example.com
7. The Judges’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
9. By entering the promotion and submitting your photograph, you hereby grant The Irish Times a license to use your photograph for the purpose of promoting the competition within the newspaper and online in printed and electronic formats. The Irish Times may also use the photograph for the promotion of any photographic competition with The Irish Times in both print and online.
10. All imagery MUST be the total and exclusive work of the submitting photographer and may not include any element that is the copyright of another.
11. The entrant will indemnify the Promoter for all liabilities, including legal costs, in relation to any action or complaint taken by any third party against the Promoter in relation to the entrant’s photograph.
12. Photographers may make reasonable use of digital darkroom type techniques which enhance quality but do not distort the photograph. Only minor burning, dodging and/or colour correction is acceptable, as is cropping. High dynamic range images (HDR) and stitched panoramas are NOT acceptable. Any changes to the original Photograph not itemized here are unacceptable and will render the Photograph ineligible for a prize - the open, and source categories are exempt from this rule.
13. Entry to this competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
14. The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
15. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
16. When a photograph is submitted and entry finalised the entry cannot be changed or edited.