1. Start by pickling the red onions. Put the lime juice, vinegar and sugar in a shallow bowl and season generously with sea salt. Whisk the pickling l(...)
1. Put the pollock in a bowl and season generously. Sprinkle the polenta over the pollock, making sure each piece is evenly coated. Set aside. 2. To c(...)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Season to taste. This salsa can be pretty spicy so add less jalapeños if you like it milder(...)
I used to be a complete purist when it came to watermelon. Who else loves that watermelon scene from Dirty Dancing? In my opinion, the melon was the r(...)
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season to taste. Serve with Indian spiced chicken kebabs and yogurt.
1. For the marinade, in a large bowl combine the yogurt, harissa, lemon juice, garlic, spices, coriander and harissa. Mix well. Add the chicken thighs(...)
1. In a large mixing bowl add crab meat, coriander and chillies. Add the curry powder, lime juice and zest, ginger, garlic and desiccated coconut. Mix(...)
1 Scatter the cherry tomatoes, red peppers and garlic on a large baking tray; coat in a healthy amount of olive oil, salt and pepper, balsamic, half t(...)
1 In a deep bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Check the seasoning, sometimes the tomatoes will need a good amount of salt.
2 This is ready to s(...)
1. Start with the onions. Using a heavy bottomed pan and a small bit of olive oil, add the onions and garlic and let them start to sweat down. After t(...)
Connect with The Irish Times