Cauliflower and chickpea curry
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
- Olive oil
- 1tsp coriander seeds
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- Half a thumb of ginger, finely chopped
- 2tsp cumin
- 2tsp turmeric
- 2tsp curry powder
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Large handful of baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 20ml Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a large saucepan on a medium heat.
2. Add a small bit of oil and the coriander seeds to the pan. Once fragrant add the onions and ginger. Sweat down for eight-10 minutes, until the onions have softened.
3. Add the spices (cumin, turmeric and curry powder).
4. Next add the cauliflower, sweet potato and chickpeas.
5. Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring often to prevent it from sticking.
6. Once the cauliflower and the sweet potato are cooked thoroughly, add the spinach, fresh coriander and the zest and juice of a lemon. Stir through and add the yogurt. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve with flatbread or rice.