Corn ceviche and tuna mayo
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Course: Starter
- Cuisine: South American
- 3 ears of corn, cooked and kernels removed from the cob. Alternatively you can use 150g frozen sweetcorn
- Half a cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 limes, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 150g cooked tuna
- 20g mayonnaise
- 2tsp red wine vinegar
- Large handful of blanco nino blue corn tortilla chips, or any corn tortilla chips
1. Combine the corn, cucumber, green pepper, coriander, scallions, garlic and lime juice and zest in a bowl. Drizzle over the olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a second bowl mix the tuna, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Divide the corn mixture between four bowls and top with the tuna mayo.
4. Serve with tortilla chips on the side with some extra chips crumbled over the top for more texture. This is also great with crusty bread, as a snack atop crunchy crackers, or delicious eaten as a salad just as it is.