Seamus Daly

23 results

RUC officers surveying the aftermath ofthe Omagh bombing in 1998. Photograph: Frank Miller

The High Court has adjudicated three Co Louth men found liable for the Omagh bombing bankrupt. On Monday, Ms Justice Teresa Pilkington said she was s(...)

Royal Ulster Constabulary police officers and firefighters inspecting the damage caused by a bomb explosion in Market Street, Omagh, Co Tyrone, on August 15th 1998. File photograph: Paul McErlane/PA

Relatives of Omagh bomb victims are to sue Northern Ireland’s police chief for investigative failings they believe let the killers escape justice. Ah(...)

Steve Toman and Alain Kerloc’h’s Ox restaurant is doing a London pop-up on St Patrick’s Day

It’s not just politicians who are packing their bags for the annual St Patrick’s Day exodus, Irish restaurateurs and chefs are packing their knives an(...)

The August 15th, 1998, Omagh  bombing took the lives of 29 people and a woman heavily pregnant with unborn twin girls. Photograph: Frank Miller/The Irish Times

In terms of achieving justice the Omagh families have reached “the end of the line”, conceded Michael Gallagher. It is not going to happen. Mr Gallag(...)

Amnesty said an investigation was needed ‘to ensure lessons are learnt, included from the failure to carry out adequate investigations’ into the Omagh bombing. Photograph: Frank Miller/The Irish Times.

Amnesty International is calling on the UK authorities to conduct a public inquiry to “investigate comprehensively the circumstances surrounding” the (...)

The case against the only remaining suspect in the Omagh bomb Seamus Daly has collapsed after the evidence provided by a civilian witness last week was called into question.  Photograph: Peter Morrison/PA Wire

Prosecutors in the North have dropped all charges against Seamus Daly in connection with the 1998 Omagh bomb in which 29 people died. At Ballymena M(...)

Michael Gallagher, whose son Aiden was among 29 people killed by the Real IRA in the August 1998 bombing of Omagh, is seeking to have a decision by Northern Ireland Secretary of State Theresa Villiers judicially reviewed. File photograph: Niall Carson/PA Wire

A landmark bid for a partially secret hearing over intelligence gathered on the Omagh bombing has begun at the High Court in Belfast. Lawyers for th(...)

 RUC officers and firefighters inspecting the damage caused by a Real IRA bomb explosion in Market Street, Omagh, which killed 29 people in 1998. File Photograph: Paul McErlane/PA Wire

Two men from Co Louth who were among four men found liable in a Northern Ireland High Court civil action for the 1998 Omagh bombing have denied having(...)

Liam Campbell

Two of the men found liable in civil court proceedings for theOmagh bombing face jail for contempt unless they comply with orders to disclose details (...)

Séamus Daly (44) is accused of murdering 29 people in the Omagh bombing. Photograph: The Irish Times

Lawyers for a bricklayer accused of murdering 29 people in the Omagh bombing have been given a month to decide whether to cross-examine witnesses in a(...)

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Next
  • Last »