1. Set the oven to 185 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in a wide oven-proof pot. When it is gently smoking add the meatballs and the bacon, then colour everything for five minutes or so. Add the garlic, give it a gentle swish around the pan, then add the tomatoes, stock and paprika.
3. Bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes or so, then add the beans, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco smoked chipotle.
4. Season, bring to a simmer once again, then pop in the oven for 25 minutes until a light crust starts to form.
5. Serve with rice, mash or even toast.