16 St Stephen’s Green offers occupiers prime office headquarters opportunity

David Daly’s latest scheme combines historic Georgian building with contemporary block

Having only recently secured the letting of 4,830sq m (52,000sq ft) across four floors at 35 Shelbourne Road, the landmark scheme built on the site of the former IPC building in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, developer David Daly's October Investments is bringing its latest offering to the capital's prime office market.

16 Stephen’s Green occupies an enviable location within the city’s traditional central business district. Built originally between 1776 and 1779, the property overlooks St Stephen’s Green itself and sits within a short walk of both Dublin’s foremost shopping area on Grafton Street and Dáil Éireann on Kildare Street.

Having served for many years as the corporate headquarters of the ESB, numb er 16 has undergone a sensitive restoration and redevelopment to provide a state-of-the-art office building capable of accommodating more than 350 workers. The original Georgian building extends to more than 830sq m (9,000sq ft) over four floors and is connected at the rear to a newly constructed seven-storey building of 2,800sq m (30,220sq ft) through interconnecting glass corridors on four levels.

The combination of the property built by developer Gustavus Hume in the late 18th century and the modern addition delivered by Daly’s October Investments offers occupiers the opportunity to secure a statement headquarter premises. Quite apart from preserving the work of renowned Dublin stuccodore Michael Stapleton and the other period features within the original structure, number 16’s new building is highly efficient in terms of its energy consumption with both LEED Gold and BER A3 ratings. The building is capable of generating its own renewable energy from photovoltaic panels on its roof. Intelligent solutions were also engineered into the property to reduce its water consumption and optimise its fresh-air circulation.

‘Exceptional’

Both buildings at 16 St Stephen’s Green have generous floor-to-ceiling heights throughout with some up to 4.8m (15.7ft). The accommodation has four-pipe fan coil air-conditioning and raised access floors. There are shower facilities at basement level, 10 car spaces and bicycle parking for up to 56 bikes. St Stephen’s Green itself will be a valuable amenity for staff working in the building, offering an outdoor space for meetings and lunchtime walks.

Paul Daly of October Investments said: "There is something exceptional about this property. From the moment you step foot in the door, the magnitude of the restoration hits you. It feels contemporary and bright but with an important history behind it."

16 St Stephen's Green occupies a prime position in what is arguably the city centre's best location. Adjoining occupiers include a range of hotels, restaurants, bars, coffee shops and leading corporates such as Maples, DLA Piper, Indeed, AIB and Horizon. The Shelbourne Hotel and Merrion Hotel are both situated within a short walk of the building, while the hugely popular Peploe's restaurant is to be found at the property's own basement level.

Further information on the offices at 16 St Stephen's Green is available from joint letting agents Lisney or Cushman & Wakefield and on the dedicated website, 16SSG.ie