University of Limerick host virtual open days in October
On Thursday, October 29th and Friday, October 30th, University of Limerick will host their virtual open days
Over two days, you’ll have the chance to find out more about all the undergraduate courses on offer at UL, speak to academics and staff from across the University, and chat with some of our current students. We’ll have representatives from areas like Accommodation, UL Sport, Student Affairs and Admissions so you can get fast answers to all of your questions.
We’re so disappointed we can’t welcome you all to our campus for our usual open days where you could experience the buzz of our award-winning campus, but we are doing our best to squeeze in as much as we can into these two days to help you make your choice in deciding to come to the University of Limerick. You can still get a true feel for what it will be like to study at UL through the exciting virtual sessions we have in store.
During our open days you can also pop us a message on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter and talk to some of our current students and get the inside track on what life in UL is really like. Make sure to follow us on social media for even more insights on student life and you’ll get the chance to win loads of prizes too.
Throughout the two days, you can:
Attend a course specific session hosted by our course directors
This gives you the perfect opportunity to ask our academics questions relating to the course you have an interest in studying, find out more about the course facilities and the modules/subjects that have sparked your interest.
Get involved in our live Q&A discussion with current UL students
We understand that the student experience is just as important as the course you are interested in studying. You will have the opportunity to chat with our current students, the people who know us best, and ask them any questions you may have about the UL experience.
Find out about all the new degree programmes on offer
Some of the new undergraduate courses at UL include:
- LM019 Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences
- LM105 Bachelor of Science in Exercise and Health Fitness Management
- LM097 Bachelor of Science (Education) in Mathematics and Computer Science
Join the seminar dedicated to information for parents
Parents of senior cycle students are invited to attend our Parents’ Information Seminar. Register for this virtual event and get priority access to Aiming Higher, UL's guide to debunking some of the jargon around third level education, including advice on helping students with course choices.
To get all the UL information you need for CAO 2021, book your place now. We can’t wait to meet you online and virtually show you what University of Limerick is all about. In the meantime, you can view and download a copy of our latest undergraduate prospectus and find a programme of study that’s right for you.
The University of Limerick is not only home to many students, it is also a home to many “firsts”. UL has pioneered a wide range of initiatives and “firsts” that set us apart, and go towards ensuring that our students have every opportunity to thrive. Some of our ‘firsts’ include;
- UL was the first university in Ireland to place students in industry for work experience under the Cooperative Education (Co-Op) programme. Winning many awards, this hands-on approach to learning has guaranteed that our employment rate has been higher than the HEA national average figure for more than 10 consecutive years.
- Our First Seven Weeks programme is the first of its kind in Ireland. As a “find your feet” initiative for new students, the programme works to ensure that no one gets lost in the crowd
- UL is one of the largest providers of teaching graduates in Ireland, and many of our teaching degrees are unique.
A University of ‘ Firsts’, UL prides itself on being ahead of many of Ireland’s third level institutions in securing unique facilities for all our students. What makes UL facilities stand out the most is that many are the only available in Ireland;
- UL is home to Ireland’s only academic flight simulator. We offer the only professionally-accredited aeronautical engineering undergraduate degree programme in the Republic of Ireland
- The newly extended and refurbished Glucksman Library is the one of the largest campus libraries in Ireland and the most digitally advanced in the world. It is the first of its kind in Ireland and has a dedicated First Year librarian allocated to all our new students
- UL’s Educational Assistive Technology Centre (EATC) is a unique, purpose-built accessible, technology lab providing technology training for students with disabilities and specific learning difficulties. This dedicated space with a sensory-friendly computer area facilitates them to become more independent learners
- The Wall Street-style virtual Trading Floor in the Kemmy Business School is the first of its kind in any university in Ireland
- With unrivalled sport facilities, UL is home to the largest artificial grass development in Europe and Ireland’s only 4G Pitches.
Being first is part of who we are. Let us bring that out in you. Because you’re not just choosing an education, your choosing a future. Choose to study at UL, choose the Home of Firsts.
To find out more about UL and our “firsts”, follow us on our social media channels: