Two men facing serious charges have ‘gone off the radar’, court hears
The two, Josh Boylan (21) and Keith Boylan (25), may be under threat, judge is told
A court has heard that two Drogheda men who are facing serious charges have ‘gone off the radar’ and may be under threat. File photograph: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A court has heard that two Drogheda men who are facing serious charges, including of false imprisonment, have “gone off the radar” and may be under threat.
The cases of Josh Boylan (21), of Moneymore, Drogheda, Co Louth, and Keith Boylan (25), with an address in Park Heath, Drogheda, Co Meath, were previously transferred from Dundalk Circuit Criminal Court to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court and were mentioned before Judge Martin Nolan on Wednesday.
Garnet Orange SC, prosecuting, told Mr Justice Nolan that the two defendants have “gone off the radar” and it is believed they “are the subject of a threat”.
“There are contextual factors to suggest it is a threat that can be taken seriously,” Mr Orange said.
He added that the State was not making an application for a bench warrant on Wednesday, but rather he was seeking a date for a hearing next week at which time the prosecution may apply for warrants for the men’s arrest.
The court heard that the two men are facing serious charges, including of false imprisonment, in relation to an incident in Moneymore, Drogheda, on November 11th, 2018.
Mr Justice Nolan adjourned the case to June 18th next.