Spiced ling with fragrant coconut rice and spring onions
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Asian
- 250g basmati rice (rinsed under cold running water)
- 1 can (400mls) light coconut milk
- 300mls water
- 10 cardamon pods, crushed lightly
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, unpeeled and roughly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 slivers of lemon peel
- 1 tsp salt
- 400g ling fillet
- 1 tsp madras or korma spice blend
- A little butter to dot on top of the fish
- 4 whole spring onions, trimmed
- Fresh coriander to garnish
1 Set the oven to 175 degrees.
2 Put the rice, coconut milk, water, cardamon, ginger, cinnamon, lemon peel and salt into a pot.
3 Mix well and bring to a simmer. Cover and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
4 Cut the ling into 3cm chunks then coat lightly in your chosen spices and a little salt.
5 When the rice has cooked for 15 minutes, sit the ling on top of the rice and push down gently to semi-submerge it, then dot the fish with butter. Add the spring onions, cover and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or so until the fish is done.
6 Serve with a scattering of fresh coriander.