Quinoa blinis with wild mushrooms and dill lime yoghurt
- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Serves 6
- 8 heaped tbsp self raising flour
- 2 pinches fine sea salt
- 2 pinches ground white pepper
- 100-150ml cold sparkling water
- 4tbsp cooked mixed quinoa (raw quinoa covered with water and simmered for 10 minutes)
- Drizzle of olive oil (for the mushrooms and the blinis)
- 300g mixed wild mushrooms
- 1tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1tsp chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6tbsp Glenisk organic natural yoghurt
Add the flour, seasoning and cooked quinoa to a large bowl and slowly whisk in the water until you have a thick, batter-like consistency.
Heat two frying pans and add the olive oil. Then, using a dessert spoon, gradually drop spoonfuls of the batter on to the hot pans and cook until golden; then turn and repeat.
Remove the blinis to paper towels covered with foil to keep them warm and place the pans back on the heat after a quick wipe with a paper towel. Add another drizzle of oil to the pan, then add the mushrooms and thyme, season lightly and sauté for two to three minutes. Spoon on to paper towels to drain off excess oil.
Whisk the dill, lime juice and yoghurt together. Divide the mushrooms between six plates, along with the blinis, and drizzle the yoghurt over the top.