Noodle soup with chilli and garlic
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serves 4
- 500ml stock of your choice or dashi
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- pinch of dried chilli flakes to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Fresh ginger to taste, finely grated
- Salt to taste
- 350g noodles of your choice
- Topping suggestions
- 100g green beans
- 50g shredded kale
- 100g carrots, grated
- 1/2 small cucumber
- 4 spring onions
- Parsley or coriander
- Toasted sesame oil to drizzle
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle
1. Bring the stock or dashi (if using) to the boil. Add in the tamari, chilli, garlic and ginger and allow to simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes. Next add a little salt and taste, adjusting the seasoning if needed.
2. Prepare your chosen noodles according to the instructions on the packet and divide between four large bowls.
3. Pour two ladles of soup over the noodles in each bowl.
4. Once you have your chosen toppings prepared, build the toppings on top aiming to keep them separate so the colours can shine.
5. Finally, sprinkle with the herbs, seeds and drizzle with the toasted sesame oil.