A quick and easy lamb curry for when you’re really in a hurry
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- Half tsp ground cumin
- Half tsp salt
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g frozen peas
- 4 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- To serve: rice, yogurt, cucumber and tomato slices
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the cloves, followed by the onions. Cook and stir for five minutes before adding the minced garlic. Once the onion is soft, add the ground cumin and curry paste. Season with a little salt and stir to combine everything.
2. Add the minced lamb and cook for further five minutes till it starts to brown.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and bay leaves. Lower the heat and leave to simmer for twenty minutes. Taste for seasoning.
4. Add the peas five minutes before serving so they stay bright and fresh. Serve with rice and scatter with the chopped coriander and mint.