How to make gribiche sauce
Lilly Higgins’ gribiche
- Makes: 1
- Cooking Time: 4 mins
- Course: Starter
- Cuisine: French
- Makes one bowl
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- 300ml mild-tasting olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp finely snipped chives (use a scissors)
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tsp finely chopped dill
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and dried, coarsely chopped
- 6 little cornichons, rinsed and dried, coarsely chopped
Place the egg in a pan of water. Bring to the boil then simmer for four minutes. Drain and place the egg in a bowl of cold water to cool.
Once the egg has cooled peel it and place in a medium bowl. Add the mustard and a pinch of sea salt. Mash them together using a fork. Next add a few drops of oil, keep mashing and whisking with the fork.
Once the mix has become a little looser use a whisk. Gradually increase the oil until you’re pouring it in a thin steady stream, whisking all the time. Stir in the herbs, capers and cornichons. Add the vinegar and taste for salt.
Pour into a serving bowl and keep cold till ready to serve.