United dismiss Saha rumours
Manchester United have dismissed reports that injury-plagued striker Louis Saha could be out for the rest of the season.
Some Sunday papers claimed Saha's knee injury sustained in training last week was more serious than first feared, and could even end the French striker's campaign.
But the club's chief executive David Gill says that contrary to reports Saha has not damaged ligaments.
He told BBC Radio 5 Live the France international had a "slight knock - he is certainly not out for the rest of the season".
Saha joined United in January 2004 for £12.8million from Fulham, but injuries have dogged him since then. He has made just four Premier League starts this season.
Gill meanwhile again played down talk of United going into the transfer market to beef up their squad in January.
"I don't think there will be any purchases in the transfer window," he said.
"We invested heavily last summer and believe we have a very good squad that can really go for the honours in the balance of the season. "