Man died after drugs overdose
A Dublin man undergoing a drug recovery programme was found dead in his bed at a hostel for homeless youths after a drugs overdose, an inquest heard yesterday.
Mr William MacAnaspie (23) lived at a sheltered flats project for homeless youths at Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, run by a Jesuit priest, Father Peter McVerry.
The Dublin City Coroner's court was told yesterday the deceased returned to the hostel on October 8th last and told the residential youth worker, Mr Ronan O'Hanlon, that he had consumed a quantity of alcohol.
Mr O'Hanlon told the inquest he discovered Mr MacAnaspie dead in bed the following morning.
Dr Brian Farrell, the Dublin City Coroner, recorded a verdict of death by misadventure.