Roasted asparagus, buttered gnocchi and Parmesan
Roasted Asparagus, buttered gnocci, lemon and Parmesan. Photograph: Harry Weir
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Irish
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Some fresh thyme
- 500g pack of gnocchi
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 80g Parmesan, grated
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Trim the bottom third from the asparagus and discard, if it’s thin it won’t need peeling. Place it on a large roasting tray, drizzle with the oil and thyme. Season and make sure all the asparagus is coated in oil.
3. Put in the oven and cook for six to seven minutes, until tender. Larger asparagus will take a little longer.
4. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to the boil and add the gnocchi. Once the water returns to a simmer they will only take one more minute.
5. Lift the gnocchi out of the water with a slotted spoon, then add it to the roasting tray with the asparagus.
6. Add the lemon juice and butter, then season.
7. Transfer to warm plates, scatter the Parmesan on top and serve.