This is a low effort but high reward dessert. Photograph: Emma Jervis
- Serves: 6
- 750g to 1kg strawberries
- 2 oranges, zest and juice of
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
This sounds very posh and rightly so. Strawberries always seem like the royalty of summer fruits. I’ve been serving this simple dessert for years now. It appeals to my lazy side as it is low effort but high reward. Serve with yoghurt, cream or just on its own.
1. Hull, half or quarter the strawberries according to size and place in a serving bowl.
2. Chop the zest of the fruits finely and add it, along with the juice, to the strawberries.
3. Mix well and add the sugar and the mint. Give it another stir and allow to sit for an hour before serving on its own, or with lightly whipped cream.