Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbs medium curry powder
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 250ml cream
- 1tbs mango chutney
- 1 cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthways, deseeded and diced
- 150g petit pois, defrosted
- 100g whole blanched almonds, toasted
- 200g large peeled prawns, halved lengthways
- Salt and black pepper
- Basmati rice and fresh coriander to serve
1 Melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and curry powder, then cook very slowly for 10-15 minutes, until the onions soften completely.
2 Add the stock, cream and chutney, then bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
3 Add the cucumber, peas, almonds and prawns, then simmer once more for two or three minutes, until the prawns are cooked, then season.
4 Serve with basmati rice and fresh coriander.