Bataclan site of Paris Isis massacre hopes to reopen this year
Historic building closed since November 13th attacks that left 130 dead and 350 wounded
November 13th, 2015: Eagles of Death Metal on stage at the Bataclan in Paris, moments prior to an assault by Islamic State extremists that resulted in the deaths of 89 people. File photograph: Marion Ruszniewski/AFP/Getty Images
Exterior of Bataclan concert hall one month after the attacks of November 13th, 2015. File photograph: Getty Images
The owners of the Bataclan concert hall in Paris where 89 people were massacred by Islamic State (Isis) extremists last November have said they are aiming to host music shows again before the end of the year.
The Bataclan, an historic building with distinctive 19th century Chinoiserie-style architecture, has been closed since the November 13th attacks across Paris that left 130 people dead and 350 others wounded.
In a statement on Wednesday, the club owners said “we’ll do our best to host events before the end of 2016”.
The Bataclan, in Paris’s 11th district near the Place de la Republique, had been one of the capital’s top venues for live music before the attacks.
In the months since, dignitaries and international music stars including U2 and Madonna laid flowers there to honour the attack victims.