A man has been remanded in custody after gardaí charged him with carrying out a violent armed raid at a Dún Laoghaire jewellery store five years ago.
Nikita Kolesnik (27), originally from Lithuania and of no fixed address, was arrested on Friday evening at Dublin Airport.
Gardaí brought him to Dún Laoghaire Garda station in south Co Dublin and charged him with three offences.
He is accused of possessing a handgun with intent to commit robbery, contrary to the Firearms Act.
He is also charged with attempted robbery under the Theft and Fraud Offences Act and assault causing harm to a male member of staff, contrary to the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act.
The incident allegedly occurred on June 3rd, 2017, at Costello Jewellers, Northumberland Avenue, Dún Laoghaire.
Mr Kolesnik had been held pending his appearance before Judge Gerard Jones at Dublin District Court on Saturday.
Det Sgt Daniel Treacy told the court Mr Kolesnik “made no reply to the charges” and that he was handed copies of the charge sheets.
The judge heard that gardaí intended to object to bail.
The accused did not address the court.
However, defence counsel Kevin McCrave said his client wished to “reserve his position” and not make a bail application at this stage.
Mr Kolesnik has not yet indicated how he will plead.
The judge remanded him in custody to appear at Cloverhill District Court on Thursday. Legal aid was granted following an application by counsel.