£25,000 for scalded young girl

 

A £25,000 settlement for a child aged three who was badly scalded when she pulled a kettle of boiling water on herself was agreed yesterday.

Stephanie White's counsel, Mr Richard McDonnell, told Dublin Circuit Civil Court that the Finglas house one in the kitchen and one in the living room, . As a result her parents had been forced to use used so multi-outlet extensions with so wires were trailed across the kitchen. Dublin Corporation had been sued for negligence.

Asking the Circuit Court President, Mr Justice Smyth, to approve the corporation's offer, Mr McDonnell said the girl's father was often a "guest of the State" and her mother had had a substance-abuse problem. Another child had leukaemia.

The court is to invest the money for Stephanie.