Socca pizza with seasonal vegetables and cheese
Week 45 – September 1st week 3 Back to school and routine, chance to but new plans in place. Feeding children real food, lunch boxes, children love crisp, crunch, sweet and salt soccer pizza with seasonal vegetables and cheese Photography by Emma Jervis
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- 100g chickpea four
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 230ml water
- For the topping
- 1 Fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 large ball of mozzarella
- Chopped basil leaves
1. Combine the chickpea flour, chilli, rosemary, 3 tbsp olive oil and salt and slowly add in the water until you have a smooth batter, Set aside while you prepare the toppings.
2. Either oven roast the vegetables in a hot oven or cook on a hot griddle pan.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C and add the remaining two tablespoons of oil to an oven proof frying pan. When the oil is very hot pour in the batter. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 12 minutes.
4. Slice the cheese and spread it over the pizza base and place the cooked vegetables on top followed with a sprinkle of salt.
5. Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Sprinkle with chopped basil before serving.