Roasted asparagus and fennel salad with Toonsbridge mozzarella
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Irish
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody stalk trimmed
- 1 large bulb of fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced.
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- Half a bag of washed baby spinach
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Toonsbridge mozzarella balls
1. Pre-heat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius, or equivalent.
2. Place the asparagus, fennel, onion, garlic and chilli onto a roasting tray. Drizzle the olive oil on top and coat everything evenly.
3. Put the tray in the oven for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of your asparagus and turn once or twice during cooking. Everything should be slightly charred.
4. Remove the tray from the oven. Immediately add the spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
5. Serve on warm plates with the mozzarella torn on top.