Roast aubergine with tomato and feta
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- 2 aubergines
- 2 small red onions
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 100g feta cheese
- Half a pomegranate, arils (seeds) removed
- 2tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2tbsp chopped oregano or basil leaves
- 150g hummus
- 150g natural yogurt
1. Preheat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius, and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Halve the aubergines and score each flat half with a knife in a crisscross lattice pattern. Place them on the tray.
3. Peel and quarter the red onion into small wedges. Place on the tray along with the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle everything with olive oil and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, rotating the tray as necessary, until the aubergine is soft and golden and the tomatoes are blistered.
4. Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the hummus. Taste for seasoning. Spread the hummus mix evenly onto four plates.
5. Top each with half an aubergine. Place the tomatoes and onion on top, followed by the crumbled feta, chopped herbs and pomegranate. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and serve with a big green salad.