Raw turnip, parsnip and carrot salad with honey and ginger dressing
Raw turnip, parsnip and carrot salad with honey and ginger dressing. Photograph:Emma Jervis
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Course: Starter
- Cuisine: Irish
- 1kg mixture of turnip, parsnip and carrot
- 1 ½ cups Olive oil
- 1½2 cups Lemon juice (about 4 to 6 lemons) and all the zest from the lemons
- ¼ cup minced ginger
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley
I love root vegetables whatever way they are cooked but since discovering the joy of eating them raw I find I am incorporating them more into my diet. The ginger dressing works perfectly with the sharpness of the turnip and the sweetness of the parsnip and carrots. Serve this as a starter or part of a salad plate.
1. Grate the vegetables on the largest side of a hand grater or use the the largest grating attachment for a food processor.
2. To get the best results for your dressing, place the olive oil, lemon juice, zest, ginger and salt in a liqidizer and whizz until very smooth.
3. Add the dressing to the vegetables until very well dressed and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
4. Any remaining dressing will keep for a couple of weeks in the fridge and will work perfectly for a kale salad.