Pasta with courgettes, lemon, pine nuts and herbs
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- 400g of your favourite pasta
- 700g courgettes
- For the sauce
- 30ml olive oil
- 50g pine nuts
- 4 large shallots, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
- About 25g mixed herbs, such as parsley, mint, basil, chervil or tarragon
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil for the pasta.
2. In the meantime, heat a frying pan and add 30ml of oil followed by the pine nuts and cook on a low heat until they start to colour. Add the shallots, season well with salt and pepper and cook together until the pine nuts are nice and brown and the shallots are soft. Remove from the heat and allow them to cool.
3. Roughly chop the herbs and add to the pan, along with the capers and sun-dried tomatoes.
4. Whisk or whizz the zest, juice of the lemon, the 50ml of olive oil and the cheese together and add to the pine nut and herb mixture.
5. When the water has come to the boil, add salt and the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
6. Slice the courgettes, line them up and then cut into matchsticks. Or you can use a vegetable peeler and slice them into long strips, which go well if you are using long pasta.
7. When the pasta is just ready to be drained, throw in the courgettes and mix well. Remove from the heat and drain at once. Mix well with the cheese, lemon and pine nut sauce.