Onion and parsley salad
Onion and Parsley Salad. Photograph: Emma Jervis
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
This is my fall-back salad when the kitchen is bare and it is always a winner. Ideal with any meats, especially grilled lamb or spicy dishes. I have been known to have a big bowlful with a chunk of cheese or a tin of sardines.
1. Soak the onions in hot water for a couple of minutes if you find them too strong in flavour.
2. Drain and dry well by wrapping them in a towel. Transfer the onions to a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.