Malt vinegar chicken, mushrooms, thyme and smoked bacon
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Irish
- 4 large chicken joints (legs or thighs are best)
- 3 large Rooster potatoes, washed and each cut into six wedges
- 1 tbsp duck fat
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 slices smoked streaky bacon
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- A pinch of chopped parsley
1. Set your oven to 185 degrees.
2. Put the chicken, potatoes, duck fat and thyme onto a roasting tray.
3. Season and turn everything together until coated in the duck fat.
4. Cook for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and add the bacon and the mushrooms.
5. Put back in the oven for a further 15 minutes until the bacon starts to crisp up and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
6. Remove the tray from the oven, season, then add the vinegar and the parsley.
7. Mix everything together; the heat from the tray will soften the vinegar.
8. Serve straight away.