Chicken with roast peppers, olives and smoky Parmesan cream
Photograph: Harry Weir
- Serves: 1
- Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Irish
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 150mls of cream
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 chicken fillet, skin on if possible
- Salt and pepper 3 green olives,torn in half
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Take a small oven proof frying pan and add the olive oil, garlic and red peppers.
3. Cook gently for five minutes or so to soften the peppers.
4. Take a small bowl and add the cream, smoked paprika and Parmesan then whisk together.
5. Set the chicken on top of the peppers and pour the creamy mixture over, then season.
6. Bake the chicken for 18-20 minutes. Don’t be afraid to cut into the chicken to check that it is fully cooked. The sauce should be thick and bubbling and the chicken moist and tender. Scatter the torn olives on top and serve.