A lovely beetroot salad
A lovely beetroot salad. Photograph: Nick Bradshaw
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 120 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Irish
- 4 large raw beetroot, scrubbed
- 250g natural yogurt
- 100g feta cheese (one packet)
- 1tbs mint jelly
- 2 mandarins, peeled and segmented.
- 50g sunflower or pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted in a dry pan (I use a mix)
- Some sprigs of dill
- A drizzle of olive oil
1. Set your oven to 150 degrees, or equivalent.
2. Wrap the beetroot in foil and bake for about two hours, until it is soft. You can test with a knife.
3. Peel the beets and cut into chunks. Season and place in a pretty bowl.
4. Blend the yogurt, feta and mint jelly together and spoon over the beetroot.
5. Scatter the mandarins over the beetroot, along with the seeds and dill. Finally, give everything a lick of olive oil and it’s ready to serve.