Forgiven, not forgotten: The Corrs are back and we have 10 reasons to celebrate
The Corrs are set to release new material, with live dates lined up for September. Una Mullally can't wait
Back in the day: The Corrs in 2000
Although it’s pretty hard for a family band to actually break up, that doesn’t make the news that The Corrs have reunited any less joyous. The band will perform for the first time in 10 years later this year, at September’s Live in Hyde Park, and the band are also in the process of making a new album.
Although The Corrs only released albums across a relatively short 10-year period, they remain one of the most successful Irish acts of all time. In celebration of their return, here are 10 interesting things about The Corrs you were too preoccupied With B*witched to ask.
1. When their second album Talk On Corners went to number one in the UK in 1997, Forgiven Not Forgotten, their debut, rose to number two, making The Corrs the first act since The Beatles to have albums at number one and number two in the UK charts at the same time.
2. Talk On Corners is the 12th highest selling album of all time in Ireland.
3. The Corrs went on tour as an opening act with Celine Dion an unprecedented three times.
4. TV dramas Corrs songs have featured in include: The Sopranos, Baywatch, Dawson’s Creek, Coronation Street.
5. Unlikely musicians one or more The Corrs have covered: Nancy Sinatra, Ryan Adams, The Blue Nile.
6. Talk On Corners still holds the title of the biggest selling Irish album in the UK.
7. Glastonbury Pyramid Stage appearances? One, in 1999, between Al Green and Lenny Kravitz.
8. When In Blue was released in 2000, it sold more than two million copies in 14 days.
9. Worst ever interview question: “So, where did you all meet?” - Donna Air.
10. The hidden Corrs? Keith Duffy (not that one) their bassist, and Anthony Drennan (Genesis, Mike + The Mechanics), their guitarist.