Win a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G with Carphone Warehouse
The Irish Times has teamed up with Carphone Warehouse to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, all you have to do is fill out the competition form below and tell us your most memorable mobile moment.
Did you know that the first mobile phone call was made in Ireland 35 years ago? It’s true: in 1985, the then Minister for Communications Jim Mitchell made the inaugural Irish mobile phone call to none other than Pat Kenny, who was strolling down a Dublin street as he received the call.
The idea that you could walk and talk – outside! – was mind-blowing at the time. We Irish have been quick to adopt the technology, and these days 96 per cent of us have a mobile phone and of those, 91 per cent are smartphones, which we check on average 50 times a day. This year more than ever our mobile phones have helped us keep in touch with our loved ones and the wider world.
So while we’re well used to our phones now, the news and views we receive via their screens and receivers can be no less momentous. We hear about engagements, new babies, job offers and a whole range of happy - and sad – news from friends and family near and far. These mobile moments make mobile technology all the more meaningful and we want to hear about yours.
And to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the first mobile phone call in Ireland Carphone Warehouse, Ireland’s longest serving mobile retail brand, is giving away Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G all you have to do to enter is tell is your most memorable mobile moments!
A selection of entries will be used anonymously in an ad execution on December 11th in The Irish Times – entry into the competition automatically rescinds any claim over the content entered – Published entries will receive compensation in the form of a €50 Carphone Warehouse voucher, valid for in store purchases only.
This competition is now closed.
Terms & Conditions
1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. A valid entry consists of a correct answer entered in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, email address and a phone number.
3. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible, or corrupted entries will be accepted. No entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be accepted.
4. The Promotion will run from 25/11/20 to midnight on 07/12/20 inclusive.
5. All entries must be received by the Promotor by no later than midnight on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
6. Promotion limited to one entry per person. No entrant will win more than one prize.
7. By submitting an entry to the Promotor, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
9. The top prize is Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G With additional prizes of €50 vouchers for any published entries.
10. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
11. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
13. The winners will be notified by email. The winner must claim the prize within 30 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
14. The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on The Irish Times website.
16. The winner may be required to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
17. The Promotor will only process your personal information as set out in https://www.irishtimes.com/policy-and-terms/privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions.
18. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
20. Promoter and Data Controller: The Irish Times DAC, The Irish Times Building, P.O. Box 74, 24 - 28 Tara Street, Dublin 2.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.