Irish Logistics & Transport Awards 2020 launch with a look back at 2019 highlights
A decade of excellence celebrated at 10th awards ceremony
The Irish Logistics & Transport Awards 2020 have been announced. Now entering their 11th year, the 2020 awards will take place at Croke Park, Dublin on July 2nd next year.
The 2019 iteration recognised and showcased sectors, innovators and leaders as a decade of achievements in the Irish Logistics and Transport sector was celebrated.
Review of 2019 ceremony
Over 300 attended the awards and there was a 39 per cent increase in entries.
Held in the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road, 17 awards were handed out. Among the winners were Kuehne + Nagel who collected two company awards as well as individual recognition for their managing director, Pamela Quinn, who received the Logistics & Transport Leader 2019 award. Speaking after the ceremony, their HR director, Garry McCabe said: “We enter these awards to ensure we continue to strive for quality in our business and we were especially proud of Pamela.”
Virginia International Logistics took home two awards on the night. Bryan Dolan, fuel and driver management, explained why the awards are so important to them: “A night like this is an excellent platform to showcase and promote the work our company has recently undertaken and to use as a benchmark within the industry. It’s a fantastic opportunity to network and meet people to share ideas. To win two awards on the night was unbelievable, especially with the calibre of shortlisted companies.”
BWG Foods were awarded the Logistics Company of the Year for the second year in a row. Joanne Mellon, logistics director said: “The award is a testament to the commitment and continued efforts of the BWG team as a whole confirming that logistics is at the forefront of our strategic plan.”
Passenger transport categories were also recognised with awards such as Passenger Transport SME Company of the Year, where Swords Express were declared the winner. Managing director, Sinéad Kavanagh said: “Winning this award has given us the opportunity to showcase the hard work of our dedicated team and display our commitment to giving the best in passenger transport. Thank you to our customers, staff and the event organisers for a fantastic night.”
The awards were sponsored by AIB, head of transport & logistics, Conor Morgan, said: “The night was a great platform for AIB to show our support for a vitally important sector of the economy. There was a diverse mix of finalists and categories, so the event captured businesses from right across the wider industry.”
Garrett McClean, executive director, head of Industrial & Logistics CBRE said “CBRE were delighted to sponsor the Irish Logistics & Transport Awards for the fourth successive year. We were very pleased to present awards to both Pamela Quinn of Kuehne + Nagel, winner of Logistics & Transport Leader 2019 and DHL Global Forwarding Ireland, winner of Employer of the Year, two very worthy winners in what is becoming an increasingly important sector of the economy and property market.”
A team of independent judges selected each winner. Leading the panel was Declan Allen, assistant head, School of Management, College of Business, Technological University Dublin. Reflecting on the overall standard of entries, Declan said: “Another great awards night acknowledging leaders and innovators. Well done to everyone shortlisted and especially to all the winners. The awards are an excellent event to recognise the world class players in Irish logistics and transport sectors.”
The Irish Logistics & Transport awards return in 2020 where they will be held at Croke Park, Dublin, on July 2nd.
The awards will be open for entries on January 27th, 2020. Keep an eye on www.iltawards.ie for further news.
Full judging panel for 2019 awards
- Declan Allen, assistant head, School of Management, College of Business, Technological University Dublin
- Ailbe Burke, lecturer in Automotive Engineering & Transport Marketing, Limerick Institute of Technology
- Derek Dunne, education officer, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- Aidan Flynn, general manager, FTA Ireland
- Seamus Kavanagh, executive officer, Irish International Freight Association
- Mike Kelly, principal owner, Ordunua
- Dr. Jane O’Keeffe, Supply Chain Course director & lecturer, NMCI/CIT
- Mike Price, Transport entrepreneur
- William J Rose, assistant professor of Supply Chain Management, Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business, Iowa State University
- Tom Thornton, managing director, Wells Cargo Logistics
- Carmel Wintzer, Air & Ocean Freight manager, Cube Logistics
To read about other BusinessRiver events, visit their news hub.
The full list of winners is available below.
- Overall Logistics & Transport Excellence Award / Sponsored by AIB
Kuehne + Nagel
- Logistics & Transport Leader 2019
Pamela Quinn - Kuehne + Nagel
- Transport Company of the Year
- Freight Forwarding Company of the Year
Kuehne + Nagel
- Logistics & Transport SME Company of the Year / Sponsored by Linde Material Handling Ireland
Virginia International Logistics
- Passenger Transport Company of the Year
Transdev Dublin Light Rail
- Passenger Transport SME Company of the Year
- Logistics & Transport Team of the Year / Sponsored by Samskip
The Logistics Associate Apprenticeship Consortium
- Safety Award / Sponsored by RSA
ATC Computer Transport & Logistics
- Excellence in Warehousing / Sponsored by Linde Material Handling Ireland
- Employer of the Year / Sponsored by CBRE
DHL Global Forwarding Ireland
- Customer Focus Achievement Award
- Client & Supplier Collaboration Award
Nissan & NVD
- Innovation in Technology & Systems
Virginia International Logistics
- Logistics Company of the Year / Sponsored by Rohan Holdings
- Communications Award
Bringing Glider to Belfast - Translink
- Education Award
BSc Logistics & Supply Chain Management, School of Management, TU Dublin