Belgium issues warrant for man seen with Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam

State prosecutor says Mohamed Abrini filmed in northern France two days before attacks

Belgian police photograph shows Mohamed Abrini at a petrol  station in Ressons on the motorway heading to Paris

Belgian police photograph shows Mohamed Abrini at a petrol station in Ressons on the motorway heading to Paris

 

Belgium issued an international arrest warrant on Tuesday for a man seen before the Paris attacks with Salah Abdeslam, the Brussels resident wanted over his suspected involvement in the killings of November 13th.

The state prosecutor, in a statement announcing details of other people charged in the case, said Mohamed Abrini (30) had been filmed with Abdeslam at a fuel station in northern France two days before the attacks.

Abrini was driving the Renault Clio car that was later used by the attackers in the French capital.

An accompanying police wanted poster described Abrini as “dangerous and probably armed”.

The prosecutor said he had been filmed with Abdeslam about 7pm on Wednesday, November 11th, at Ressons on the Paris-Brussels motorway.

The prosecutor also gave details of two people previously charged with terrorist offences and said that a fifth, unnamed, person had been charged on Tuesday.

The only two people facing charges who had previously been named were Mohammed Amri and Hamza Attou.

They admit to driving from Brussels to Paris to fetch Abdeslam hours after Abdeslam’s brother had blown himself up during the attacks but deny any knowledge of what Abdeslam had been doing in France.

– (Reuters)