A round-up of today's other news stories in brief.

Remand on charge of killing husband

An Uzbek mother of two who is charged with killing her husband in January has been further remanded on bail. Dilorom Sulaymanov (36) is charged with the unlawful killing of Abduazim Sulaymanov at their rented home on Ballinlough Road, Cork.

Mr Sulaymanov (39) died at Cork University Hospital on January 6th, six days after suffering a stab wound. Judge Uinsinn Mac Gruairc remanded Ms Sulaymanov on bail to appear before Cork District Court on July 11th.

Teenager jailed for vicious robberies

A teenager who carried out vicious robberies on four men has been sentenced to eight years in prison.

Mark O'Neill (19), Golden Lane, Dublin, led three of his victims to a city-centre park, then punched and kicked them before making off with their phones or wallets.

Judge Katherine Delahunt suspended the last two years of the sentence on strict conditions having taken into account O'Neill's genuine expression of remorse.

Criminal jailed for threat to garda

A convicted criminal who is serving a six-year prison sentence for threatening the life of a member of a rival group later shot dead in a gangland killing has been sentenced to eight years for threatening a garda.

Michael Neeson (34), Coultry Drive, Ballymun, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to threatening to cause serious harm to Sgt Cormac Brennan in September 2005.

Jail suspended on cocaine charge

Two men have received one-year suspended sentences for having cocaine in Sandyford, Dublin, last year.

James McKenna (22), of Blackthorne Green, and Andrew McNulty (26), of Kilcross Drive, both Sandyford, pleaded guilty to having €2,384 worth of cocaine in January last year.

Judge Thomas Teehan imposed a 12-month suspended sentence at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court after hearing from defence counsel that both men had turned their lives around.

Man bit woman's finger in assault

A Ballymun man has been released from Dublin Circuit Criminal Court after receiving four months for biting a woman's finger because he had already spent 28 months in custody on this and other charges.

Mark Pepper (36), Belcurris Road, pleaded guilty to assaulting the woman in January 2004.

Imposing a sentence of four months, Judge Frank O'Donnell told Pepper, who has 33 previous convictions, that it was "a mean sort of offence".

Girl scraped garda's face

A pregnant teenage girl with 26 previous convictions, who scraped a garda's face and struggled so much that she had to be restrained and handcuffed, has been released on probation for six months.

The 17-year-old south Dublin girl was found guilty at the Dublin Children's Court of threatening and abusive behaviour. The court heard that the girl was intoxicated at the time.