Kildare stabbing upgraded to murder investigation
Postmortem results lead to murder inquiry following attack in Newbridge last week
A man has appeared before the courts charged in connection with the stabbing incident in Newbridge last week.
A stabbing attack on a man in Co Kildare last week which caused his death a few days later has been upgraded to a murder investigation.
He was taken by ambulance to St James’s Hospital, Dublin for treatment but died from his injuries.
The results of a postmortem have led to the investigation into the stabbing being upgraded to a murder inquiry.
Gardaí have renewed their appeal for witnesses to come forward, particularly anyone with camera footage from the Main Street / Thomas Street area of Newbridge between 5.30pm and 8pm on April 7th.
“A man in his 30s arrested at the time of the incident is currently before the courts charged in connection with the case,” gardaí said.
This man, a foreign national with an address in Newbridge, has been charged with alleged assault causing harm on to Mr Prochazka on Patrick St last Wednesday as well as alleged possession of a knife.
The court was also told the victim had gone into cardiac arrest twice while on the journey by ambulance to hospital.