BBC Northern Ireland journalist Stephen Nolan is to receive a further five-figure sum in damages from another Twitter user who posted false allegations about him.
The person behind the tweets has also apologised to the television and radio presenter for the personal abuse he was subjected to.
It comes after a day after another Twitter user paid out a six-figure sum for subjecting Mr Nolan to an online campaign. Neither individual is being identified as part of settlements reached in the potential defamation actions.
Paul Tweed, who represents the BBC presenter, said on Friday that Mr Nolan had agreed to accept an apology and settlement “in acknowledgement of this individual’s comprehensive and frank expressions of regret”.
As part of the resolution, the person responsible for the series of tweets acknowledged their postings contained completely untrue accusations about Mr Nolan.
“I unreservedly accept that the offending allegations had been totally unsubstantiated and without foundation and should never have been published,” they said. “I accept that no journalist should be subjected to personal abuse of the nature I posted. I apologise to Mr Nolan for any distress caused.”
The person said the posts in question had since been deleted and that they woould cover Mr Nolan’s legal costs.