Course: Main Course
Cooking Time: 0 hr 45 mins
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1cm dice
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Sprig of thyme
- 1 aubergine, finely diced
- 50g raisins (soaked in boiling water)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- A drizzle of honey
- 2 tbsp small capers
- Salt and black pepper
- 150ml milk
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100g instant polenta
- 1 tsp butter
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 150 g Knockalara sheep’s cheese (or another creamy cheese)
- Some rocket to garnish
- Put the olive oil in a pan with the onion and garlic, cook over a gentle heat for five minutes then add the cumin, thyme and aubergine and turn the heat up to medium.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the aubergine completely softens then drain the raisins and add along with the vinegar, honey, capers, salt and pepper.
- Cook for five more minutes to allow the flavours to come together, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the milk, water and smoked paprika to a simmer.
- Add the polenta in a thin drizzle, and cook whilst stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes, before adding the butter and Parmesan (it shouldn't be too stiff).
- Season and serve straight away on warm plates with the sheep's cheese and rocket.