Paul Flynn’s favourite cheese toastie
Cheese toastie. Photograph: Harry Weir
- Serves: 2
- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Irish
- 8 slices of tinned peach, roughly chopped
- A few drops of Tabasco smoked chipotle sauce
- 250g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- A generous spreading of soft butter
- 4 slices of good bread
- 2 hefty smears of English mustard
1 Mix the peaches and the chipotle sauce into the cheese.
2 Butter the bread generously, then place two slices in a non-stick pan, buttered side down, over a low heat.
3 Smear the mustard on the bread.
4 Divide the cheese mixture on top of the two slices of bread.
5 Place the other slices of bread on top, buttered side up and press together.
6 Cook for three minutes or so until golden and crunchy, then turn it over carefully and cook on the other side for two more minutes.
7 Serve immediately, and if you wanted to make it even more special, you could pimp it up with crushed avocado for a fancy brunch.