Lentil, cucumber and mushroom salad
Lentil, cucumber and mushroom salad. Photograph: Emma Jarvis
- Makes: 1
- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Course: Salads
- Cuisine: Fusion
- 1 cup Puy lentils
- 12 chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp tamari (a thick, less salty soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
Lentils are such a fantastic food source, and this is an interesting way to have them. This recipe is good hot or cold and so is ideal for lunch at work or dinner in the evening. I find lentils are good for my blood sugars and energy levels.
1. Boil the lentils for 15-25 minutes or until just soft, then drain.
2. In the meantime, make the dressing by blending the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, curry powder, tamari and vinegar.
3. Next, mix the cucumber and mushrooms in a bowl along with the lentils and add in the dressing and mix well.