Baked sweet potato, with feta cheese and spiced pumpkin seeds
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: Irish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- A generous knob butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced finely
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 250g baby leaf spinach, washed
- 200g feta cheese
1. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees celsius, or equivalent.
2. Drizzle the olive oil onto a roasting tray, season the oil and place the sweet potatoes on it, cut side down.
3. Cover with foil and put in the oven for 60-75 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
4. When the sweet potatoes are soft, melt the butter over a medium heat and add the garlic and chilli, followed by the pumpkin seeds. Cook gently for three to four minutes. This can be done ahead of time.
5. When you are ready to serve, add the spinach and wilt for one minute.
6. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and spoon over the sweet potato (cut side up) then crumble the feta cheese on top.